Collaborate With us on our Innovations Symposium
The Kenneth Rainin Foundation’s 2014 Innovations Symposium: Taming the Microbiome, is designed to create conversations and connections among researchers from diverse scientific disciplines to encourage novel approaches to Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) research. Join us for the Symposium on July 15 – 16 in San Francisco and help set new directions in the IBD field.
Seize the opportunity to present your work to our esteemed Scientific Advisory Board, international grantees, and research colleagues. If you are interested in presenting a poster, please submit an abstract as an attachment to Beth Hood at the Kenneth Rainin Foundation by Friday, April 4, 2014. Abstracts are subject to review by our Scientific Advisory Board and selected abstracts will be invited for the poster presentations. Acceptance notifications will be sent in early May, 2014.
The Kenneth Rainin Foundation is awarding a limited number of travel grants to students and postdoctoral fellows to offset travel expenses. Details are listed below.
- Registered meeting attendees can submit one abstract.
- There is a limit of 2,500 characters for the abstract text, including spaces. The title, author and institution information will be counted in the character total. Tables and images do not count toward the character limit.
- Abstracts should include a title (in bold font), authors (with the presenting author indicated by underline), followed by institutional affiliations.
- Abstract must be submitted in Word and PDF format.
- Abstract should use size 11-point Arial font.
- Abstract content should be single-spaced.
- Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations.
- When listing references, use standard and well-accepted formats.
- Please include the following four parts in your abstract: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion(s). Abstracts should be written carefully and succinctly to have the strongest impact possible.
- The abstracts will be published in an abstract book distributed to symposium attendees and made available both electronically and in print.
- Posters should be 3.3 ft. by 3.3 ft. maximum.
- Oversized posters cannot be accommodated.
Please email email@example.com for further assistance or questions.